The Shrubbyists have more than failed to earn support for their proposed military action; they have conducted their chickenhawk campaign for war without regard to the most meager and basic elements of a properly planned and coordinated action to effect what could otherwise have been a worthy and useful goal. They have earned opposition, most heartfelt opposition to their callow and callous war plans.
Because of their actions, we may well be at war within the next week or few weeks. If we are, tens of thousands, even hundreds of thousands, of Iraqi women and children will die as a result of our military action. (See this Business Week article for a description of how the casualties of war are calculated - and how such calculations were manipulated by the last Bush administration. http://www.businessweek.com/bwdaily/dnflash/feb2003/nf2003026_0167_db052.htm )
Here are pictures of these victims of the Shrubbyist political game playing, the walking ghosts of "Goering" Rove's strategy for implementing the Shrubbyist political agenda here and abroad. The pictures are followed by a "Quiz" about what we know about Iraq and the circumstances under which the Shrubbyists have led us to this assault on humanity.
May god save and forgive us all.
PO Box 751
La Crosse, KS 67548
Thanks to Tom Tully for these photographs. JP
Here is that quiz.
Do you know enough to justify going to war with Iraq?
1. Q: What percentage of the world's population does the U.S. have?
2. Q: What percentage of the world's wealth does the U.S. have? A: 50%
3. Q: Which country has the largest oil reserves? A: Saudi Arabia
4. Q: Which country has the second largest oil reserves? A: Iraq
5. Q: How much is spent on military budgets a year worldwide? A: $900+ billion
6. Q: How much of this is spent by the U.S.? A:50%
7. Q: What percent of US military spending would ensure the essentials of life to everyone in the world, according the
the UN? A: 10% (that's about$40 billion, the amount of funding initially requested to fund our retaliatory attack on Afghanistan).
8. Q: How many people have died in wars since World War II? A: 86 million
9. Q: How long has Iraq had chemical and biological weapons? A: Since the early 1980's.
10. Q: Did Iraq develop these chemical & biological weapons on their own? A: No, the materials and technology were supplied by the US government, along with Britan and private corporations.
11. Q: Did the US government condemn the Iraqi use of gas warfare against Iran? A: No
12. Q: How many people did Saddam Hussein kill using gas in the Kurdish town of Halabja in 1988? A: 5,000
13. Q: How many western countries condemned this action at the time? A:0
14. Q: How many gallons of agent Orange did America use in Vietnam? A:17million.
15. Q: Are there any proven links between Iraq and September 11th terrorist attack? A: No
16. Q: What is the estimated number of civilian casualties in the Gulf War? A: 35,000
17. Q: How many casualties did the Iraqi military inflict on the western forces during the Gulf War ? A: 0
18. Q: How many retreating Iraqi soldiers were buried alive by U.S. tanks with ploughs mounted on the front? A: 6,000
19. Q: How many tons of depleted uranium were left in Iraq and Kuwait after the Gulf War? A: 40 tons
20. Q: What according to the UN was the increase in cancer rates in Iraq between 1991 and 1994? A: 700%
21. Q: How much of Iraq's military capacity did America claim it had destroyed in 1991? A: 80%
22. Q: Is there any proof that Iraq plans to use its weapons for anything other than deterrence and self defense? A: No
23. Q: Does Iraq present more of a threat to world peace now than 10 years ago? A: No
24. Q: How many civilian deaths has the Pentagon predicted in the event of an attack on Iraq in 2002/3? A: 10,000
25. Q: What percentage of these will be children? A:Over 50%
26. Q: How many years has the U.S. engaged in air strikes on Iraq? A: 11years
27. Q: Was the U.S and the UK at war with Iraq between December 1998 and September 1999? A: No
28. Q: How many pounds of explosives were dropped on Iraq between December 1998 and September 1999? A: 20 million
29. Q: How many years ago was UN Resolution 661 introduced, imposing strict sanctions on Iraq's imports and exports? A: 12 years
30. Q: What was the child death rate in Iraq in 1989 (per 1,000 births)? A: 38
31. Q: What was the estimated child death rate in Iraq in 1999 (per 1,000 births)? A: 131 (that's an increase of345%)
32. Q: How many Iraqis are estimated to have died by October 1999 as a result of UN sanctions? A: 1.5 million
33. Q: How many Iraqi children are estimated to have died due to sanctions since 1997? A: 750,000
34. Q: Did Saddam order the inspectors out of Iraq? A:No
35. Q: How many inspections were there in November and December 1998? A:300
36. Q: How many of these inspections had problems? A:5
37. Q: Were the weapons inspectors allowed entry to the Ba'ath Party HQ? A: Yes
38. Q: Who said that by December 1998, "Iraq had in fact, been disarmed to a level unprecedented in modern history."
A: Scott Ritter, UNSCOM chief.
39. Q: In 1998 how much of Iraq's post 1991 capacity to develop weapons of mass destruction did the UN weapons inspectors claim to have discovered and dismantled? A: 90%
40. Q: Is Iraq willing to allow the weapons inspectors back in? A:Yes
41. Q: How many UN resolutions did Israel violate by 1992? A: Over65
42. Q: How many UN resolutions on Israel did America veto between 1972 and 1990? A: 30+
44. Q: How many countries are known to have nuclear weapons? A: 8
45. Q:How many nuclear warheads has Iraq got? A: 0
46. Q: How many nuclear warheads has US got? A: over 10,000
47. Q: Which is the only country to use nuclear weapons? A: the US
48. Q: How many nuclear warheads does Israel have? A: Over 400
49. Q and A lost in email.
50. Q: Who said, "Our lives begin to end the day we become silent about things that matter"? A: Dr. Martin Luther King, Jr
Charles Sheketoff, Executive Director
Oregon Center for Public Policy
PO Box 7, Silverton, OR 97381
(503) 873-1201 Phone
(503) 873-1947 OCPP Fax
(413) 604-0370 Direct Fax (E-Fax)
PO Box 751
La Crosse, KS 67548